22. , / want to be a mathematician, Springer, 1985.
23. G. H. Hardy, Collected papers, vol. V, OUP, 1908.
24. , A course of pure mathematics, CUP, 1908, Still available in its 10th edition.
25. , Divergent series, OUP, 1949.
26. G. H. Hardy and E. M. Wright, An introduction to the theory of numbers, CUP, 1938.
27. P. T. Johnstone, Notes on logic and set theory, CUP, 1987.
28. Y. Katznelson and K. Stromberg, Everywhere differentiate, nowhere monotone, func-
tions, American Mathematical Monthly 81 (1974), 349-54.
29. F. Klein, Elementary mathematics from an advanced standpoint (part 1), Dover, 1924,
Third edition. Translated by E. R. Hedrick and C. A. Hedrick.
30. M. Kline, Mathematical thought from ancient to modern times, OUP, 1972.
31. A. N. Kolmogorov and S. V. Fomin, Introductory real analysis, Prentice Hall, 1970,
Translated from the Russian and edited by R. A. Silverman.
32. T.W. Korner, The behavior of power series on their circle of convergence, Banach
Spaces, Harmonic Analysis, and Probability Theory, Lecture Notes in Mathematics,
vol. 995, Springer, 1983, pp. 56-94.
33. , Differentiable functions on the rationals, Bulletin of the London Mathematical
Society 23 (1991), 557-62.
34. , Butterfly hunting and the symmetry of mixed partial derivatives, American
Mathematical Monthly 105 (1998), 756-8.
35. E. Laithwaite, Invitation to engineering, Blackwell, 1984.
36. J. E. Littlewood, A mathematician's miscellany, 2nd ed., CUP, 1985, (Editor B. Bol-
37. P. Mancosu and E. Vilati, TorricellVs infinitely long horn and its philosophical recep-
tion in the seventeeenth century, Isis 82 (1991), 50-70.
38. J. C. Maxwell, Treatise on electricity and magnetism, OUP, 1873.
39. , Scientific letters and papers, vol. II, CUP, 1995.
40. D. J. Newman, A problem seminar, Springer, 1982.
41. G. M. Phillips, Two millennia of mathematics. from Archimedes to Gauss, CMS books
in mathematics 6, Springer, 2000.
42. Plato, Parmenides, Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1939, Translated by F. M. Cornford.
43. F. Poundstone, Labyrinths of reason, Penguin, 1991.
44. M. J. D. Powell, Approximation theory and methods, CUP, 1988.
45. T. A. Ptaclusp, Episodes from the lives of the great accountants, Pyramid Press, Tsort,
46. M. C. Reed, Fundamental ideas of analysis, Wiley, 1998.
47. P. L. Roe, The best shape for a tin can, The Mathematical Gazette 75 (1991), no. 472,
48. K. R. Stromberg, Introduction to classical real analysis, Wadsworth, 1981.
49. S. Wagon, The Banach-Tarski paradox, CUP, 1985.
50. E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, A course of modem analysis, CUP, 1902, Still
available in its 4th edition.
51. P. Whittle, Optimization under constraints, Wiley, 1971.